Results in INERTIA store the result of some comparison at some time within your test. Each result can contain a single record or an array of records with each record having a timestamp, the channel’s value, the comparison, and the result of the comparison. To define a result in an INERTIA Test Profile (within the Inertia Profile Editor), right-click on the Results folder and select Add Result. This will create an empty Result that needs to be configured.
Double-click the new result or right-click and select Edit Result to edit its properties.
A result’s properties include the following:
- Name, Description: basic descriptive information. The Name must be unique within a test.
- Size: the number of result records that this result can contain.
- Value Type: the type of “channel” that is being checked for this result. Types include variables (DAQ channels, setpoints, etc.), test parameters, test local variables, or constants.
- Value: based on the Value Type chosen, this control provides the appropriate selection to let you chose a value, constant, parameter, etc.
- Criteria: the comparison to perform on the selected channel/value. So if you want to check if a channel is between 111.0 and 0.0, select one of the In Range options.
- Upper/Lower Limit Type: Similar to Value Type, this property determines the type of any limits used by the selected Criteria.
- Upper/Lower Limit Value: Similar to Value, this property provides the appropriate selector for chosing (or entering) your limit value.
Once your result is set up, you can add a Save Result step to your test. Drag and drop a Save Result to your test profile and double-click it to bring up the Save Result properties dialog.
Want to learn more about using INERTIA? Fast-track your knowledge of INERTIA software with this video library, including six video tutorials specifically designed to help a new user get accustomed to the interface, features, and tools.