Your focus is creating innovative products, ours is helping you test them (locally).
To help engineers develop test systems in the southeast region, Wineman launched the Raleigh office in August of 2011. Since that time, the staff has provided surge support to test engineering teams for ongoing design efforts or created one-of-a-kind test systems from the ground up across more than 100 projects. When engaging our Raleigh group, product designers and test engineers get to work with local Certified LabVIEW Architects with deep knowledge in computer engineering, math, and physics for software development while employing the electrical, mechanical, and build expertise of a Michigan-based test systems design firm familiar with the technical demands of the aerospace and automotive industries.
Your test system will typically include the latest data acquisition, real-time, and FPGA technologies from National Instruments such as cDAQ, cRIO, and PXI alongside a battle-tested yet continuously improving Raleigh LabVIEW software start point. Customers also receive the unusual benefit of working with a dedicated project manager and engineers familiar with helping a variety of companies tell product stories through projects like:
- Life test control console for a prototype 3-phase space motor
- Machine for impact loading and console for controlling a HASS chamber to test an aircraft cargo lock (actuator) used in military aerial deployment; both feature cloud database storage
- Controller for a counterpulsation medical device prototype that integrated high speed servo control on a cRIO, an ECG measuring add-on board for sbRIO, and touch-panel HMI
- Test controller for a patient-chilling medical device: a 4-up station is controlled by cRIOs running 6 control loops each.
- Aerospace ECU design verification (more than 1000 XNET/CAN signals, synchronized DAQ, dynamometer control, and scripting)
- Recreational vehicle fuel injection and pump test controller (6-up durability station and characterization station)
- Test controller design and support for aerospace fuel control and LVDT components
- Municipal water pump test controller interfacing to fixed speed and VFD controlled motors up to 2000 HP
- Pipe inspection real-time measurement system featuring sonar, LiDAR, camera, IMU, and analog sensor acquisition, live display, logging, and an extensive analysis system using data science techniques such as the Hough transform, percentile filters, shape intersections, and interpolations